Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Here it is

I have been wanting to write for some time now (it's been too long), but I have so much to say and feel that it would be inadequatley expressed. 

So I'm just going to suck it up and say what I can.

Since I've last written, I've:
  • made a huge life change
  • had a birthday
  • had lot of birthday fun
  • read a book
  • started a book
  • watched the season premier of LOST
  • began to understand a little more about the power of prayer and what it means to your relationship with God
Let's start with the birthday.  :)
My birthday was on January 28 and I turned a whopping - wait for it - 26 years old!  No, I don't feel 'old'...because I'm not.  I'm very young.  And the fun thing about having so many friends that are older than you is that I will always be young compared to them!

Since Jeremy had to work on my birthday, we celebrated the week before.  The kids stayed with my parents (thank you!) and he and I went to stay the night in Dallas.  We went to dinner and a movie (in one) and shopped a little (for necessities, not fun stuff) the next day.  It was so nice spending that time together!  (Kind of makes you excited for the day the children leave home.  :))

On my birthday, my parents came over and cooked dinner and brought cake...yummm!

Then last weekend I went back to Dallas with my friends to have some nice girl time.  We went shopping (this time it was the fun kind), ate at The Cheesecake Factory (still such a weakness), got manis and pedis (aboslutely the best one yet)....  Such wonderful times.

Books
I finally read the first book in Nora Roberts bride quartet.  Such fun reading.  The kind that makes you smile (that kind is my favorite). 

I have started a much more meaningful book: A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George.  I am very excited about reading this book as it seems to be perfect for right where I am at in my life.  Will post more on that as I read further. 

LOST
LOST fans, anyone?  There do not seem to be too many of us, but I get very excited when I find one!  The premier was amazing...still left with more questions but maybe possible answers too.  I am very excited to see how everything will wrap up (but I really want the show to just go on forever).

Last night (was the premier), we went to my parents house (since we do not have television here), brought pizza, and had a nice evening (once I put quite chasing the little ones around and put them in bed).  It was a fun night, and I cannot wait until next week!

The Big Change
This will be so long, I'm going to put it in a new post.  You can read it here.

:)

No comments: