Thursday, February 4, 2010

Torn!

Jack and Ian's first birthday is coming up!

Thankfully, we have to have their party two weeks late. (Which gives me a chance to live in denial.)

I have been planning the party in my head for a couple of months now.  But it's time to get crackin!

My original thoughts were to do a sock monkey themed party.  I have sock monkey birthday stamps that would make adorable invitations, and I purchased two sock monkeys to be cake toppers or decorations.

Then, out of no where, I was sweeping the floor and had a completely different party thought:

What if I make it a little classier?

Don't get me wrong - I have no desire to throw my one year old boys a fancy birthday party.  However, we will be invinting family and many close friends who have loved on our boys throughout their first year.  So the party will be mainly for adults. 

So my new thought is to have an invitation with pictures: sonogram, shortly after birth, and current.  (This will work out great since we never sent out baby announcements.)  And the wording on the invitations will be nice in place of cutesy and rhyming.

I will still make a nice cake and fun smash cakes for the boys.  And we can serve adult snacks and kid-friendly snacks.

Okay, now that I talked it out, I'm really not 'torn' anymore - I've already decided.

Hope it turns out beautifully!

1 comment:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

I think that sounds like a great plan - party planning can get crazy!