Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thankfulness

My brain has felt tired over the last couple of days. As a mom to three children, two of which are infants, there is a lot to keep locked up in your head.

Who ate what when? Who pooped today? Which outfits are dirty and need to be washed? Is there enough baby food in the freezer...when do I need to make more? How will I fit cooking supper into our schedule today? When will I do the laundry? When will I do the dishes? Have I showered today? How long have they napped? Do we have enough milk? "Put this on my grocery list." Are Jeremy's work clothes clean? Do I have clothes to wear? Am I being a good mom? Did I remember to play with all of my children today and show my husband attention? Do we have clean bottles? When was the last time I washed the baby's toys or pacifiers? What time do I need to begin packing bags and putting them in the car?

I have to allow at least 45 minutes every morning just to get the kids fed and dressed (and Seth dresses himself!), an hour for me, and 20 minutes to pack bags/lunches and get everything in the car. At night, I cook dinner, feed the kids, bathe the kids, bottles, books, bed...

It's just a busy life altogether!

But I am very thankful.

Thankful that my children are healthy. Thankful that I have a husband who loves us. Thankful that my kids are really great. Thankful that my kids sleep well. Thankful that they play well. Thankful that they are just so hugable and kissable. Thankful that they are sweet to each other. Thankful that we have a nice home. Thankful that we have great friends. Thankful that things are as great as they are. Thankful that we have loving family nearby. Thankful that we have time to spend together. Thankful that I am able to stay home with my kids right now. Thankful for great friends that help me get through being a mom at home. Thankful that I have God to lean on always.

Life's busy and tiresome; but I couldn't ask for a better one. And for that, I am very thankful. :)

No comments: